Whew. August was a big month for us y’all! We had some big photo shoots (in our office, no less), tons of magazine-prep, fun reuniting with Marissa and of course, many Southern Doin’s. Take a look at what happened behind the scenes at Southern Weddings!
1. While all the girls were primping and prepping for our team photos, I snapped a quick photo of our office couch covered in outfit options! We had a ton of fun choosing what to wear.
2. We could not believe Marissa hadn’t met Grace until Em’s shower! They spent some snuggle time together afterward.
3. Yahoo! Em finally got some cowboy boots! We just love that she paired them with a cute navy dress and a fun necklace for the day.
4. We shot our cover this month — what do y’all think?
5. Marissa had a hilarious text reaction to Lara’s iPhone preview of a feature shoot.
6. Emily’s ring bearer bowl from Paloma’s Nest arrived!! Just a few short days until she says “I do!”
7. We made some beautiful bouquets with cotton from Floral Cotton for shoots. We think they might have made it into almost every shoot this year! We just can’t get enough.
8. We shot three giant features in our office this year!
9. We took our new team photos this month with the help of Nancy Ray.
10. Emily snapped a quick shot of the belties at Fearrington while she was at brunch with her parents! They might be one of our favorite features of Fearrington.
11. I powered up for a day of Southern Weddings projects at my favorite local coffee shop and wondered if anyone would invent a pecan-flavored shot.
12. A plate full of biscuits from one of our last big shoots — a guaranteed tummy-filler when the troops are getting hungry.
13. Emily’s pre-wedding reminder on her home chalkboard. Can y’all tell that she’s been practicing her calligraphy?
14. Marissa finally found the elusive “Tart Deco” color by Essie. It was on her summer essentials list, and she couldn’t find it anywhere! We think it’s the perfect peachy color.
15. Marissa’s adorable new desk décor from Katie at Petal and Print.
How was August for y’all? What were the highlights of your month?
See what happened in July, June and May.