Hello, belles! We’re starting to cook up Southern Weddings V6 shoots over here, which means one thing: summer will be here before we know it! Not that we want to rush past spring, but we do want to be ready for all the excitement, and that means we’re looking for our next summer editorial intern. This is a fantastic opportunity for one lucky guy or gal to get a hands-on experience working in a dynamic, small-office environment. Here is what we’re looking for:
– An undergraduate student who can commit to working approximately 20 hours a week in June and July. We would ideally love someone who could start in late May and stay into August, as well, for a total of about 10 weeks.
– SOMEONE WHO LOVES WEDDINGS. More than anything else, we want to work with someone who loves weddings and has a KEEN familiarity with weddings, wedding trends, the wedding industry, and the wedding publishing industry.
– A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible.
– We would consider a firm grasp on grammar and working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and WordPress a bonus.
Every Southern Weddings intern opportunity is a bit different, but here are some of the things you can expect to experience:
– Sitting in on and contributing to weekly staff meetings and brainstorming sessions
– Learning the basics of and working with a WordPress blog and the Adobe Creative Suite
– Writing a post on the blog and/or copy for the magazine
– Researching images and products for posts and editorial shoots
– Assisting on site at editorial shoots
– Building galleries on the SW site
– Getting a firsthand view of how a bustling magazine, blog, shop, and small business run with a small staff of women
Sound like you? Please fill out this form by Sunday, March 3 at 11:59pm. Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Please do not email your application to us or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants who we think might be a good fit within two weeks of March 3.
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit if that’s something your school offers. We know this will be a great learning opportunity! If chosen for the internship, we will need you to work in person at our Chapel Hill office, but any college student who can get themselves to Chapel Hill for the summer is eligible to apply.
We can’t wait to hear from y’all!!