Hello, ladies + gents! Now that we have our super-fab team photos back from the amazing Millie Holloman, we thought we’d do some proper introductions! Some of us you’ve already met, some of us you may be meeting for the first time — but after this little Sit a Spell series, we hope you’ll feel like you know us even better! You’ve already met Nicole, Sierra, and Marissa, and now it’s Whitney’s turn! Whitney is poised, funny, kind, and quite fashionable — you’re all in for a treat! — Emily
Hey y’all! I’m just delighted that you’ve stopped by, and I’d love to tell you a bit more about me, myself and I! I’m the go-to gal for anything and everything ad related. See those gorgeous banners along the right side of your screen? I’m lucky enough to work with each and every one of those vendors. The print advertisers are fabulous, too! Pull up a chair, sit on down and grab some lemonade. Let’s begin!
1. I was the champion of the Idaho History Bee in 4th grade. Though I’m a Southerner at heart, when it comes down to it, I’m a transplant. I was raised in the good ol’ state of Idaho and I didn’t move to North Carolina until I was 16 years old. Ask me anything about the potato state and I’m sure that I could answer. State bird? The Mountain Blue Bird! Most famous Native American? Sacajawea! The best part of winning that bee was the trophy in the shape of Idaho. It’s still hanging on my wall.
2. I over-exaggerate. A lot. When it’s hot outside, it’s about a million degrees. If there’s a snow storm, we will never be able to go anywhere ever again. So, I’m a bit melodramatic and I have a flair for extremes, but it certainly makes life more interesting. By the way, the commute from my house to the office is about 20,000 hours.
3. In a previous life, I was a classical singer. Really. I took voice lessons for 12 years and competed in several voice competitions. I was obsessed with musical theater and took part in local productions of Les Miserables, The Wizard of Oz and Fame.
4. I drive a little white convertible and she has a very distinct personality. Her name is Shelby and we have had a long love-hate relationship. Some days, she is beautiful and agreeable and other days she just doesn’t want to do a thing. I honestly find myself talking to my car trying to coax her into behaving. I swear it works.
5. Last year, I got four Snuggies for Christmas (and Snuggies were not on my list). My family and friends all separately decided that I was in need of a Snuggie (or four). Maybe it is because I’m extremely cold-natured? Maybe I just look like I’d love a blanket with sleeves? Now, I am the proud owner of a pink Snuggie, a blue Snuggie, a Carolina-themed Snuggie and a leopard print Snuggie. I have a Snuggie for every mood!
6. Bees are attracted to my hair. I don’t know if it’s that bright red shade that lures them in or if it is the scent of my shampoo, but I cannot walk outside without a wasp bee-lining (get it?) straight for my head. It’s made for many uncomfortable outdoor experiences.
7. I’ve been to 48 states. Every summer when I was growing up, my dad would pack all of us into an RV and take us around the country. From east to west, north to south, I’ve seen it all. Which two states am I missing? Alaska and Hawaii, of course. They’re very hard to drive to.
8. I am terrified of trash. I will clean the bathroom and scrub the floors 10,000 times (there’s that exaggeration again) before I’ll touch the trash can. I’m a bit of a germaphobe and I will do just about anything to get out of taking the trash out.
9. I’ve been to Disney World more than 20 times. My grandfather and my uncle have both worked at the happiest place on earth since around the time I was born and my family takes a trip down to the sunshine state almost every year. I’ve met Mickey so many times that I bet he knows me by name.
10. In ten years, I hope to have a beautiful flat in a big city (maybe Atlanta?). The cars will bustle by stories below as I sit happily in front of a fireplace next to my future hubby. Maybe there will be a few rugrats and a cute puppy. For now, I’m just so happy to work with the women of Southern Weddings. Y’all, these girls are amazing!
Read more about me here!
Do we have something in common? Introduce yourself in the comments below!